Chrome, please stop this.
ITS ACTUALLY THE WORST PLEASE MAKE IT STOP
ok i was confused i thought it was just my shit or soemthing becus i seen nothing about this shit
oh so it’s not just me. ok
i’m using firefox and i’m getting that too.
it’s not just chrome.
Yeah, it’s not happened to me on Firefox myself, but only Chrome hence why I blamed Chrome. :’)
ACTUALLY it’s tumblr! it’s a new, stupid option. here’s how to turn it off
this post saved my life
Today’s picture for invisible illness is a personal one. This is one of about 30 notes that my friend has received since using her handicapped placard. I’m going to say this to you, have you ever seen someone get out of a car parked in a handicapped space and said to yourself “they look too young or they don’t look disabled.” I’m going to go with yes you have, because we all have at one time. I can’t remember doing it, but before I understood the difficulties of invisible illness when I was younger I probably did. Let me ask you this though, when you had that thought was it because you knew with 100% certainty that they weren’t handicapped or did you assume that because of their age and/or not seeing a cane, walker or wheelchair? All I’m asking is that we stop and think when we someone need a mobility aid, park in a handicapped space or say they are disabled that we remember this “DISABILITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AGE OR APPEARNACE.” #spoonie #invisibleillness #disability #chronicillness #rheumatoidarthritis #lupus #fibromyalgia #myofascialpainsyndrome
If nothing else, this post needs to be seen around the internet more. This harassment is not okay and no one should have to deal with it on top of having an invisible illness. This is just another form of anonymous bullying to add to the internet bullying these TROLLS are capable of.
If you are healthy, please reblog.
If you are sick, please reblog.
If you have a disability, please reblog.
If you have an invisible illness, please reblog.
If you know someone with a disability, please reblog.
If you are a human being, please reblog.
Let’s spread the word and help those of us that may not look like it.
Ignorance isn’t bliss, ignorance is ignorance.
My mom had cancer that has spread to her lungs and outwardly, she looked healthy. However, she couldn’t walk very far. She had a blue tag and she got some killer looks while walking to the electric wheel chairs, just because she looked healthy.
Another story: I was chewed out once for fetching one of the electric wheel chairs for her.
My best friends sister has a heart disease and she looks totally normal and everything except for the big scar on her chest and they have a handicap sign and everything, because when she walks too much, she gets very sick and I think she has trouble breathing and she starts throwing up so yes I agree with this. No, not every person with a handicap sign thing is in a wheelchair or some kind of limp. Don’t be so ignorant.
In my defense, everyone else was doing it and I wanted in on the fun.
Yeah, I’m not buying Smash for the 3Ds.
How could anyone even play Smash with only one stick.
Wow, I am finally proud to show of my Lego Haunted Mansion Stretching portrait from Disneyland XD It took me a complete week and a half to finish from concept to completion.
I used Paint Tool SAI
I can’t believe that this is stop-motion.
I CAN’T UNDERSTAND FUCKING STOP-MOTION THOSE FINGERS SHOULD FALL RIGHT OFF BUT NO THEY SUPPORT THEMSELVES BEAUTIFULLY
WHAT THE ACTUALLY FUCK STOP MOTION
The fingers are being supported by armature wire. Virtually all stop motion puppets have some variety of this going on underneath it:
Given the proportions of Burton’s creations, the armatures underneath his puppets are probably custom-made.
What you’re also looking at is a ton of replacement animation on that teddy bear. Instead of actually tearing open the bear model, someone, or a few people, carefully crafted a handful of that specific bear at various stages of being cut open. If you look closely, the slab it’s on moves slightly, which gives itself away.
Also, Jack’s speaking is done through replacement animation.
Stop motion utterly fascinates me.
GOD BLESS YOU
THIS IS THE THING I DONT GET ABOUT STOP MOTION
YOU HAVE TO PHYSICALLY MOVE THE DOLLS WITH UR HANDS AND REPLACE THEIR FACES //HOW DO YOU KEEP THEM IN THE SAME SPOT??????//
stop motion people are crazy
Happy birthday, G1 cartoon!
I find it pretty troubling that people historically assumed biological sex from grave good and never actually thought to give clout to the physical human remains themselves. Forensic osteology helps to paint a more accurate picture here, and in this case gave archaeologists solid…
NOOOO!!! HELP I CAN’T ESCAPE THIS STORY. IT’S EVERYWHERE! Inaccurate media representations of archaeology is one of my HUGE pet peeves so I HAVE to respond. For those of you who don’t know, there’s a TRULY WRETCHED tor.com post claiming that new research shows 50% of Viking warriors were female. This is one of the most egregious examples of shitty science reporting I’ve seen in ages for a bunch of reasons.
1. It’s not news. The post they’re referring to is from 2011. So why the big fuss all of a sudden.
2. What the authors of the original study actually say is that around 50% of the skeletons, 6 out of a total of 13, were probably female. ONLY ONE OF THESE FEMALE SKELETONS WAS BURIED WITH A SWORD AND SHIELD. What the authors actually say is that women were a large element of Viking migration. At no point do they claim 50% of the warriors were women. Tor.com says that because no one ever taught them to read carefully or think critically.
3. The authors of the original study are properly cautious regarding their claims about the sex of the skeletons. Everyone knows how difficult it can be to determine sex from osteological remains, and it’s one area where there is almost always some room for debate. Although if you have a complete pelvis, you can usually get a pretty reliable reading of the sex, people generally still refrain from making absolute statements no matter how confident they are.
4. Far from ignoring or overlooking women, what the article actually says is that they believed there were a lot of Viking women in England because so many round brooches of the sort typically worn by women (and not men), have been found. Contrary to what Tumblr would like us to believe, grave goods and artifacts are important and valid sources of information regarding gender, and the large presence of Viking women in England was already hypothesized on the basis of that. So, now someone has tested that hypothesis on a particular population and come up with an actual number— 50%— of females in that population, which will undoubtedly be put to the test in the future and eventually we’ll have an idea how accurate that is. THIS IS GOOD SCIENCE AND IT’S NOT IGNORING OR OVERLOOKING WOMEN. Quite the opposite.
5. What IS unfair to women are popular media posts that make wild, unsubstantiated claims about what women did on the past that then get dragged all around social media and feed into tedious and ill-informed debates about gender roles and male bias in archaeology (which exists, I’m not denying that, but this is not an example of it).
Being on tumblr in October.
People who call me stupid for not tolerating racism against white people are funny.
there is no such thing as racism against white people. literally go outside dumb fuck you’re not getting murdered for your race like the worst that happens to you is getting called out on the internet
Oops, my hand must have slipped.
do you just get a blank disc that says “no game”
that or a 10-minute loading screen then a message that says “please pay $19.99 to unlock the main menu”
*slams fist down on table* I JUST WANT ALL MY FRIENDS TO HAVE NICE HOME LIVES IS THAT TOO HARD TO ASK